The Bed and Breakfasts of the Pikes Peak Area Innkeepers have put together several Bed and Breakfast Cookbooks over the years, and are currently selling the 3rd installment of our latest cookbook, Inn the Kitchen Three.
Here is a recipe that is in our current cookbook, submitted by Rocky Mountain Lodge & Cabins:
CINNAMON MACAROON PEACHES
- 4 canned peach halves, drained; or fresh peaches with skins and pits removed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- Mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange peach halves in small baking dish, cut side up.
Prepare macaroon mixture in a small bowl by combining almonds, coconut, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
Top each peach half with macaroon mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes, until the topping is lightly toasted.
While baking, prepare cinnamon cream (below).
Remove to serving dishes and top with cinnamon cream. Garnish with mean leaves if desired.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Sir together all ingredients and chill until ready to serve.